Canadian Code of Conduct Requirements
The Canadian Code of Conduct demonstrates the industry's commitment to ensuring that merchants are fully aware of the costs associated with accepting credit and debit card payments, and allowing merchants to freely choose which payment options they will accept.
To support the Code, Elavon has made sure that our merchant’s statements include the following details:
- Effective merchant discount rate for each type of payment card from a payment card network (Visa®, Interac, etc.);
- Interchange rates and, if applicable, all other rates charged;
- The number and volume of transactions for each type of payment transaction;
- The total amount of fees applicable to each rate; and,
- Details of each fee and to which payment card network they relate.
Link to Canadian Code of Conduct
Click here to view the Canadian Code of Conduct for the Debit and Credit Card Industry in Canada.
For additional information on Interchange rates, click on the brand name for Interac, Discover®, MasterCard®, Visa® and UnionPay®.
If you have questions, please call 1-866-365-0198.